Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Red Centre

OK OK - so I'm not so good at this staying up to date with posting on my blog thing, but I refuse to give up! So here are some photos of a trip I made to Central Australia a few months ago. The trip took us through Yulara with Uluru and Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon on a loop starting and ending in Alice Springs. Take heart - not too many cheesy holiday snaps in this lot... though you might prefer those to the ones I've chosen!!!


My first sunset viewing of the rock standing at a lookout in the Yulara resort.


From the air you can see the monumental shadow cast by the rock disappearing for kilometers into the horizon.


The rock glowed when the sun hit it this dawn... but after all of the tourist buses had left a cloud covered part of the sun resulting in a spectacular display... all for me!




Uluru and Kata Tjuta in the distance.


Getting closer...



And again from the air.


This little guy kept me company one frosty sunrise at Kata Tjuta - both of us in our warmest woollies!


And on to Kings Canyon



I just can't resist taking to the air.


On top of the canyon the blues and reds dominate.




Hermannsburg interiors.


What trip to the desert would be complete without a camel trek?


I couldn't quite come to terms with how anyone could name such a pretty face "Clancy"!

No comments: