Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back on the Barkly

Spending time out and about on the Barkly is a pretty enjoyable way to earn a day's pay. There is always something special to see.

Through the winter the clouds put on a pretty spectacular display.


Sunrise on the Barkly Highway is worth getting our of bed early for.


These ladies were intrigued by the work I was doing.

Always time for a cuppa under a coolabah tree.

Wind mills aren't all that common anymore. I just happened to turn around when I was looking at this one to see the shadow it cast.
Good for a refreshing dip after a hot day.




Since arriving in the Territory I've been on the look out for a Thorny Devil. I swerved just in time to miss this little guy sitting in the middle of the Barkly Highway. Even at 130km/hr his thorns were very distinctive.

The Barkly in the grip of a long lasting drought.

The rain came early in January. Just a day after I took these, Tennant Creek was flooded cutting off the Stuart Highway.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love these. The top one is now the wall paper on my PC. Stunning!