Saturday, June 14, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!

Now why didn't I think of this sooner??? A blog is MUCH better than Facebook for keeping you all up with where I'm at and making it much easier for you to see my photos.... because just I know that's what you really wanted!

So here it is.... my new blog. And it all came about thanks to a few simple words of encouragement from a stranger from Chile who just so happened to be in the middle of nowhere right where I was, that passed through my life for only a few minutes (quite literally), but who gave me some much appreciated encouragement.

So to catch you all up, here are some snaps of my adventure so far....

The Devils Marbles are just down the road from Tennant Creek... about a 110km drive. On a windy day some of the cloud formations are amazing.






This waterhole is at Lake Nash Station - one of the properties I work with. I took this one from the helicopter at sunrise...



and on the ground later that day



More of the Devils Marbles



Another one out of the helicopter. In the foreground is a stand of gidgee trees and the background is the downs country









The Alexandria Station Airfield at sunrise. Alexandria is another property I work with.


And one of the choppers I was in...

I got off the road for this one!

One of the many cattle yards at Lake Nash Station.

Mustering at Lake Nash - I think that is Brad the head stockman on the horse.


A snappy gum and in the background some of the landscape around Tennant Creek



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are all wondering EXACTLY how long it took for this Chilean fella to pass through Naomi's life!!!!!

Rhonda Perky said...

And you're hoping it was like a can of chilli beans, right?

Anonymous said...

I'd better get myself up there, Drew, to give you a bit of a hand in checking that one out!
George would also have to be a Person Of Interest, I would think.

Anonymous said...

Please tell George we want PINK ear tags on the ladies! naomi's mum